Hi, I am Paola and I love science.
I would describe myself as a positive-minded, enthusiastic and sociable person. I like to make the best of situations I live in. I am not afraid to commit and, quoting my beloved husband, when I set my mind on something, I get to the bottom of it.
I can focus on single tasks, but I believe you achieve brilliant results (and happiness) just if you keep an open mind to the vastness of opportunities. This is why I care about different things, in my job and not only. I am keen on communication improvement techniques, such as presenting and teamwork skills, or presence of science research on (social) media.
I advocate for women rights, including gender equality. I aim to contribute to fill the gender gap of women in STEM research. I also dream to help education for women in developing countries, as means towards individual freedom.
Some of my personal goals include:
- contribute to the world in an impactful way in progress
- improve communication in science: (personally) check, hopefully it's working for others as well
- build a local network for women in science: check
- start working in Finnish language & getting Finnish citizenship:check
- (new!) learning basics of Swedish language in progress
You can download my CV from here: Paola Elefante CV (updated Jan 2016).
Check out this section for my programming and data analysis portfolio.
Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)