In fall 2017, I have been assigned the exciting task of fully developing a training framework for my fellow team members (approx 50 people) at my workplace. I set up the whole project, which included filing the company's technical knowledge base, planning technical learning modules, recruiting teachers, coordinating creation of teaching materials, and organising the trainings. One year later, we had a functioning engine called Technical Advanced Targeted Trainings (TATT), which received great feedback and granted me the company's Solutions Award. It's been an exciting opportunity to contribute to my company's growth in an impactful way.
Some nice things my colleagues wrote when they voted for me:
- [Paola] organises trainings for TPMs, looks after her team, with 1-on-1s, and sets up knowledge sharing meets for TPMs. Puts others in front of herself
- She is always improving stuffs and processes, sharing her knowledge , helping people and adding very interesting comments on Flowdock about everything!
- For empowering newbies with TATT training
- For all the wonderful work done on TATT
- Can-do attitude to take on even difficult or tough situations, customers and colleagues are always friends, takes thing seriously the right way so there's almost always time for jokes and laughter as well. Humbly confident.
Teaching Assistant in Johdatus MatLabin käyttöön (Introduction to MatLab), fall 2014, University of Helsinki.
Support lecture at Inverse Problems course, spring 2015, University of Helsinki.
Teaching Assistant, with guest lecture, at Snapshots of the History of Mathematics course, spring 2015, University of Helsinki.
Attended courses on teaching and communication
PhD Career by Career Services, fall 2014, University of Helsinki.
Get your audience interested in the Maths! by Langdons Ltd, fall 2014, University of Helsinki.
Effective small group teaching by Juha Taina, summer 2014, University of Helsinki.
Conference presentation by Roy Siddal, spring 2014, University of Helsinki.
How to sell your ideas as a researcher? by Langdons Ltd, spring 2014, University of Helsinki.
I have always been passionate about sharing mathematics and science with the public. On a first glance, mathematics may seem less spectacular than physics or applied sciences, but to a careful eye it will reveal its unique beauty. Do not hesitate to contact me for general public talks or contributed posts.
Contributor to Matematicamente.it (in Italian).
Curator of @realscientists in September 2015.